Well, it’s been a long, long time since I updated the site. As I mentioned in my last post, I made a big change at work, moving from working for another company back to running my own business (TourismBuilder.com) and it’s kept me extremely busy. But I’ve also been delayed in starting the 2017 sailing season by the simple fact that the engine won’t start.
In my last post I mentioned how I tried to make one last trip in the fall with no engine, over to Zushi (where we now live) to see the fireworks. Although the fireworks were nice, the trip was pretty tiring. It took 3 hours to sail the last 500 meters into harbour, an experience I have no desire to repeat. As much as I hate to admit it, sailboats do need an engine sometimes.
I installed the new starter a couple months ago, but still haven’t been able to get the engine to start. I’ve been slowly diagnosing the issue in my now quite limited free time. Below are a few videos of where I’m at now. I’ll update again soon when I’ve made more progress!